After months of anticipation, and in association with FanGamer, Yacht Club games have finally announced a limited physical Vita release for their 8-bit inspired 2D platformer – Shovel Knight. And whilst the Wii U and 3DS versions have always enjoyed healthy circulation at retail, the Vita version has eluded collectors until now.
I remember interviewing Sean Velasco about his indie sensation two years ago, and whilst the Vita port wasn’t announced at the time, I’m glad that the Designer and Director of Shovel Knight finally saw to it that his game would be released on my favourite handheld.
Months in the making! You asked for it! You waited patiently for it! Now it can be yours! We’re happy to announce a limited print of Shovel Knight on Vita! Display it proudly on your shelf or take this convenient cart with you and enjoy shovelry on the go! We want to make sure there’s enough in this run for all who are interested — so it’s important to pre-order on Fangamer to secure your copy! Some finer details:
Ship Date: Early October
Pre-order on FanGamer!
- Includes a lovingly crafted, full color, 42 page instruction manual!
- Game version 2.0 just like the original 2015 retail release. Complete with the Plague of Shadows campaign, Challenge Mode, and a very special guest: Kratos from God of War!
- This version will receive free upcoming updates just like the digital PS Vita version. Including Specter Knight’s campaign, King Knight’s campaign, and Body Swap Mode.
- Shares the same trophy/game data as the digital PS Vita release.
- Transfer your save file from other Sony platforms using the in-game Cross-Save menu!
- Region-free so you can enjoy Shovel Knight no matter where you are!
A big thank you to Vita and Shovel Knight fans everywhere for letting us know this is something you wanted to see happen! And, of course, for sticking with us while we figured out how to make it happen!
The game doesn’t ship until October 2016, but I would advise not waiting too long in order to secure one’s copy.